Thursday, December 4, 2008

€104 lost today, all positions liquidated ;o(

hi folks, my margin buffer was to low for my open positions => all positions liquidated by my broker => it is sad ;o((, but IT'S CORRECT. otherwise i could even lose more than i have on securities there :o) => lesson learned (forever!):

I WILL ALWAYS USE STOPS !!!

folks, u can look-up in a dictionary what ALWAYS means, will u? u can be sure that it means EVERY TIME and it does not mean sometimes yes and sometimes not :o))

current account size: € 138. minimum margin allowed = €200 => broker closed all open positions. this time is the liqudation value of my positions about the same as the current market value of them. there were also situations in the past where the liqudation value was much higher than the daily close value as the market fell further dramatically => so we never know where the bottom is => we have to use stops to protect our trading capital => in the long term it should save more money as we would probably lose through 'false' breaks with following movement in our anticipated direction :-))

my positions on that sad thursday:

item--------------: natural gas
units--------------: 1
order type--------: market buy / limit sell
trade type--------: long
entry date--------: 12/02/2008, 0:48
entry price-------: 6.56
initial stop loss--: 6.26
new stop-loss----:
exit date---------: 12/04/2008, 15:37
exit price---------: 6.26
profit (loss) in %-: (4.57)
profit (loss)------: ($30)
reason why + strategy: natural gas was probably the only real asset (do not bore me with bonds!) which went UP on this crash monday! this must be a sign of strength!!! in my opinion is gas still so unbelievable cheap! and the cold winter months are already here! damned hell, do i really need some other reason for that trade? no, i do not!!! pls, do not tell me that oil fell another few bucks to its lowest level in the last 4 years. why? because i'm not blind + i can see it myself! nevertheless, let's bet some money on my opinion, ok? my stop loss limit should protect my remaining capital if i'm wrong :o)
lessons learned: my opinion was wrong, my stop limit protected me against a much higher loss. let's use stop limits ALWAYS :o)


item--------------: natural gas
units--------------: 1
order type--------: limit buy / liquidation sell
trade type--------: long
entry date--------: 12/02/2008, 0:48
entry price-------: 6.06
initial stop loss--: NONE :o((
new stop-loss----:
exit date---------: 12/04/2008, 17:18
exit price---------: 5.98
profit/loss in %--: - 1.32%
profit/loss-------: - 8 $
reason why + strategy: i've believed that natural gas was sooo cheap and bought additional position (limit order) even if my account was already to low for new positions and there was also no margin buffer there. well, mr. market had some other opinion about the price development than me :o(
lessons learned: my opinion was COMPLETELY wrong, the missing stop limit could cause even worse damage to my account as the price fell after the liquidation further! let's use stop limits ALWAYS :o)


item--------------: natural gas
units--------------: 1
order type--------: market buy / liquidation sell
trade type--------: long
entry date--------: 11/25/2008, 0:48
entry price-------: 6.73
initial stop loss--: NONE :o((
new stop-loss----:
exit date---------: 12/04/2008, 17:18
exit price---------: 5.98
profit/loss in %-: - 11.14%
profit/loss------: - 75 $
reason why + strategy: i've believed that natural gas was sooo cheap, but the market didn't :o(
lessons learned: my opinion was COMPLETELY wrong, the missing stop limit caused so much damage in my account! let's use stop limits ALWAYS :o)


item--------------: coffee
units--------------: 1
order type--------: market buy / liquidation sell
trade type--------: long
entry date--------: 11/25/2008, 10:06
entry price-------: 114.3
initial stop loss--: NONE :o((
new stop-loss----:
exit date---------: 12/04/2008, 17:18
exit price---------: 106.8
profit (loss) in %-: (6.56%)
profit (loss)------: ($75)
reason why + strategy: i've believed that coffee was sooo cheap, but the market didn't :o(
lessons learned: my opinion was COMPLETELY wrong, the missing stop limit caused so much damage in my account! let's use stop limits ALWAYS :o)


item--------------: sugar
units--------------: 1
order type--------: market buy / limit sell
trade type--------: long
entry date--------: 11/25/2008, 10:05
entry price-------: 11.74
initial stop loss--: NONE :o((
new stop-loss----:
exit date---------: 12/04/2008, 17:18
exit price---------: 10.90
profit (loss) in %-: (7.15%)
profit (loss)------: ($84)
reason why + strategy: i've believed that sugar was sooo cheap, but the market didn't :o(
lessons learned: my opinion was COMPLETELY wrong, the missing stop limit caused so much damage in my account! let's use stop limits ALWAYS :o)


item--------------: orange juice
units--------------: 1
order type--------: market buy / limit sell
trade type--------: long
entry date--------: 11/25/2008, 15:07
entry price-------: 77.3
initial stop loss--: NONE :o((
new stop-loss----:
exit date---------: 12/04/2008, 15:37
exit price---------: 72.7
profit (loss) in %-: (9.4%)
profit (loss)------: ($46)
reason why + strategy: i've believed that orange juice was sooo cheap (at 5 years lows!!!), but the market didn't :o(
lessons learned: my opinion was COMPLETELY wrong, the missing stop limit caused so much damage in my account! let's use stop limits ALWAYS :o)

No comments: